Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thinking about summer...

*Apologies for the delayed post. Following family tradition, the internet fritzed while my husband was away on a business trip. I got it working on every computer except the one with my photos on it. Today my husband returned, as did the internet.*

I can't believe I said this on October 2: I told my son to go put on his swimsuit and play in the sprinkler. It was that warm, despite at least two frost warnings this past week. October is lookin' good.

I suppose it's OK then, that I am working on some summer pages. Here are some recent ones (click on any image to see it larger):


This was for last week's Sketch Support single page sketch. I wanted to use two pages, so I stretched it to two. I used Studio Calico's Boardwalk kit. The flower paper included just scraps, so I did some fussy cutting and sewing to make them look fancier (and nicer!) than the scraps actually were.


Here's one from August:




This was my Project 12 layout. I used Becky Fleck's sketch. As usual, I added more photos. Again, I used Boardwalk. Loved the bright colors in it. Definitely a page about summer!

I have another two page LO about the state fair that I'll share in a couple weeks; I used a terrific two-page sketch from Sketch Support for it! And hold the presses--I got 17 photos on it. Woot!

A smaller one, this one too from the state fair:

When I saw all the photos I had from photo stands (not sure what the official name for these things is), I decided to put them together on a page. This was the last page I made from Paper Moon, June's Studio Calico kit, plus some spare Sassafras flowers. I got 18 pages out of that kit plus three add-ons. Love love love that outer space kit.

5 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

stunning details, just absolutely glorious!!!!!!

alisonm said...

I checked in every day,I am so glad you posted 'cause now I feel inspired! I have zoo pictures to do and you have given me some great ideas

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Great layouts, I especially like the zoo one!!! Sure hope you are enjoying the rest of summer and by the sounds of it you are :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful Jenny!
Love your accents with the embroidery and the pearls...

TFS~

Keshet said...

Always ok to keep the summer here:) Love these layouts, especially the last one Jenny!