Sunday, July 10, 2011

My two not-so-secret loves....

Hello all, Jennifer Larson with a confession: I have a not-so-secret love affair with patterned paper and stitching. I'm figuring I can't be the only one.

Long before I started scrapbooking, I cross-stitched, and whenever I can, I still try to add some stitches to my pages. It's a habit. And for patterned paper, I rarely use one piece whole. I usually cut it apart, trying to get as many different uses out of it as I can.

This next page I made puts both of those love affairs to use.

When I first laid eyes on GCD Studio's Scandia Jul, I fell in love, not just because of its gorgeous design, but also because the patterns reminded me of the Scandinavian decorations my Swedish relatives put out at Christmas. So when I finally got this paper in my hands, I decided to use it to make ornaments on a page celebrating the family heritage of the Nelson ladies' Christmas tea. (Click on the image to see it larger)


I used a 1-1/8 inch circle punch to create the ornaments from the paper called Delovely, Red. Once punched, I adhered them along the bottom and top, then pierced some holes and stitched to make the ornaments "hang" from different page elements. A quick and easy way to add a handmade touch to the page!

Thank you for letting me take a break in summer and share a little Christmas in July!

1 comment:

Lynette Jacobs said...

It is wonderful that you can combine your two loves...and make keepsakes that is going to be a heritage.