Monday, June 27, 2011

May 2011

I'm still going with Project 12. I was rushed to finish April's. Here it is in case I didn't post it:

On both April and May, I stuck fairly close to the sketch, though I swapped out elements and added photos. I like the colors here, and I've been using my Studio Calico kits to simplify the process, but this month's kit was really colorful and bright, and my photos aren't really. Hopefully there's not a disconnect.

Here's my May page, which I liked much better, not sure why:


I cobbled together that plaid paper with scraps basically, until I found a few more pieces of it squirreled away at Archiver's. I was so excited to find that paper, I felt like the dodos in Ice Age: "The Laaast Melon!"

The white scalloped thing is a Fancy Pants coffee filter that came with the kit. I didn't know how to use them--I didn't like them misted, and they're too transparent to put over patterned paper. I was happy to lay a circle on top, cut with my ancient Coluzzle.

I also bought an Epiphany Crafts Button maker just so I could use those fancy button holders. Now I have to make at least 19 more of them to get my money's worth.


Whoop! Here's one more! That leaves 18.

An interesting thing about those waxy flowers: I remember Studio Calcio DT members at CHA looking for embellishments to match them for a kit. It made me happy to see what finally went with those toys, which I've used up completely.

6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!! What great designs these are!!!

Gina Lideros said...

fabulous, I love how you added the Epiphany!

Carolyn Wolff said...

I love them both.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful two pagers...I love them.

alisonm said...

Actually, I just wanted to say I love your new photo of yourself!

Jackie said...

Is there a link to a site for Project 12? Thanks!