Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Creative titles

Maybe because I'm also an English teacher, one of my favorite scrap supplies is letters--stickers, die cuts, you name it, I love it! However, I always seem to run out of certain letters--e, i, r, and n especially.

One way I use letters without worrying about running out of them is to make use of my patterned paper, like this gorgeous sheet from Funhouse:

I actually used two sheets, though you could do this with just one. I distressed the cut-out letters with ink and pen, then adhered them with dimensional stickers. (If you're using just one piece of paper, back the cut-out portion with a scrap of neutral cardstock.)

Look at the nice shadows that make the title stand out!


So the next time you want to use letters for a title, but like me, you may need to buy a vowel, look in your patterned paper stash and start cutting.

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Thanks for the awesome tip!!!! and really a phenomenal page!

Keshet said...

This is great, Jenny! Love!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Love this title. I love the dimension and the shadow it creates.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand what you did? Did you print a font and cut it out? I'm confused..but I love how it looks :)

Heather
jobyx2@yahoo.com