My computer is home and much, much quieter. Thank you, Apple Geniuses. I'll gloss over the fact that a part broke within its first 6 months...
I scrapped this week anyway, then had to put a bunch of pages aside, having no computer with which to journal. I could have hand written the journaling, I guess, but I had a lot to say and not much space, so I thought the computer was warranted.
I've finished about half of what I started. Here's what I did:
First were a couple cards, a sympathy card for a friend and a birthday card for my Grandma. I hate making sympathy cards; I guess I should make them in bulk when they're not needed, because I hate having to make one when one is needed.
The birthday card uses one of my favorite new things, a Stampin' Up! Embosslit die, which cuts and embosses on my Big Shot at the same time. Niiiiceee!
I ended up with over 12 pages out of my August Studio Calico kit, plus still lots of stash stuff left. This page came from some of the last stuff: I used number cards, letters, and gray paper. Also used The Color Room's color combo from last week. Which I missed the deadline for because of my computer. X%&#!
I have given up taking good pictures of my boys during their swim lessons (weird lighting and lots of motion), so I strive for a good shot after lessons on the pool deck. This year Dominic excelled, passing level two with flying (or swimming, as the case may be) colors. Since it was such an exuberant event for him, I pulled out some exuberant product: Fancy Pants' Rusted Sun line. I like that I used no real embellishments on the page, just patterned paper (OK, and letter stickers and a date sticker), but still managed dimension.
I love that gap-toothed grin...
This was a page using this week's Studio Calico sketch. I've been meaning to do the page since I got the kit. It came with clothes chipboards, including dresses. Nice. I have boys, and I hate dresses. This may be scrapping for the sake of scrapping, but I made a page about my loathing of dresses.
I covered the chipboard dresses with the paper whimsies from the kit, trying hard to avoid the flower centers ending up as a bullseye on the crotch of the dresses. That was tough. I then strung them on a clothes line and added some elegant dressy ladies which I would never otherwise use.
So, progress has been made in finishing up a glut of pages. Still finishing the August Project 12 layout and the page which, if my husband sees, may lead to his divorcing me.