Tuesday, August 3, 2010

M-I-C-K-E-Y...


We're back from spending a week at the happiest place on earth, all four of us plus Grandma D and Aunt Melinda. I'll post more on our vacation this week; right now, I can definitely say we had a lot of fun with only minimal Griswold family vacation stress.

Here's some images:

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village. This was the view from our room. HArd to see, but in the shadows are animals! We never saw Giraffes from our window--those were the other side of the lodge--but we saw several varieties of African deer and exotic birds, including a vulture we named Edgar Sleepwalker.

Our first day. You can tell because we don't look sunburned and we're not yet dripping with sweat.


Also day one. I used the fireworks setting on my camera, which was pretty good. I learned you can't take a picture of the finale, though. No definition of images, just one big light. (BTW, we could see the fireworks waaaay off in the distance from our balcony.)

The boys did a pirate training thing one morning and had loads of fun. Here they are showing some pirattitude. They also did JEdi training. So they are Jedi pirates, which, if you watch Clone Wars on Cartoon Network, you know to be contradictory. Heroes and villains at the same time.

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Awesome, I can't wait to see you scrap these photos.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a fun and great post jenny!
Love that 1st portrait!

xox

Keshet said...

Glad it was a fun trip, and low on the stress level!

Diana said...

I don't know if I'll ever do Disney (not my cup of tea) but you make it seem not so bad... .