Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Neglected

A few things have reduced my scrapping:
  1. lack of photos
  2. closet cleaning
  3. prepping for publication in a couple places (Woot!)
  4. getting ready for Derick business travels
As a result of these "impediments," I haven't used last month's Studio Calico kit much recently. Which is bad, since the new kit comes out this weekend. So I needed to get to work. Irrationally, I like to have used up much of my past kit before I get started on the new one.

Here's three I did these past few days:

This one came together quickly. I used all the blues and browns I could find to scrap about my boys' love of waterfalls. I get it--I loved them too. I almost put the papers in a downward fashion, but it was too literal, so I made it horizontal.

This one is for The Color Room--I am not a pink gal and ignored the last time I saw pink (I think it had purple too, so I can be forgiven, I think). This time I went all out--little girl explosion all over the page. Two weeks ago 2 peas had a sale on Jenni Bowlin Chipboard, and I got them all, thinking to use them as misting masks. And so I did. I loved journaling on the inside of the mask; it added a nice definition.

This is the Sketchy Thursdays sketch for the week. I challenged myself to use the summery kit on a Thanksgiving LO. I think it worked. I added some extra fancy Prima flowers, and I did some typical stitching.

BTW, this LO shows another trick of mine for bad photos--print them small. One of the most helpful things I've done as a scrapper is create wallet photo templates on a 4x6 document to make it easy to print smaller photos. I use them again and again, as You'll see sometime later this week.

Another things this week? Like, how old I feel after cleaning out my closets and rediscovering relics from my youth....

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Can your stuff GET any better? I really love the clean look. so crisp! and congrats on the couple of places for pubs, yay!!

lisa said...

You've been busy.
Great LO's.
Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays : )

Diana said...

Gosh when I clean out my closets I feel so light and YOUNG! lol
Wonderful LOs. I notice you're using a lot more flowers and swirls these days -- your LOs are a bit "softer". Have you noticed?
You are so good about using the kits--I have to buy another crate to store mine in now. I have bags and bags of unused stuff.
What I do NOT have is a shortage of photos to scrap however.
Yikes, does this mean you are actually "caught up"?!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YOU amaze me!! Your lo's are ALWAYS stunning!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)