Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting ready for summer

My new Studio Calico kit came in the mail Monday, so I dug in and made a page using this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch.

I used more techniques than I normally do. A short list:
  1. I misted, using a chipboard sun as a mask.
  2. I misted the chipboard title.
  3. I stamped a photo.
  4. I stamped starbursts using paint.
  5. I added fabric and paper clouds. (Note to self: use less glue.)
  6. I stamped the banner border and used watercolor crayons to fill them in.
I love the color. Can't wait for more summer shots.

7 comments:

Diana said...

I should get mine tomorrow afternoon! (It arrived in Florida Monday, so it should get here tomorrow.) I can't wait!

lisa said...

Love what you've made : ) Those clouds look great. Thanks for playing.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I love this LO! It's so busy and colorful. Lots of movement on the page. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal
http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2010/06/sketchy-thursday.html

heidi said...

this is yummy!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWW!!! GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that sun and the clouds!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

alexandra s.m. said...

It looks great jenny!

xox

BabyBokChoy said...

Very cute layout!!! sunshine and clouds... hmm... what's with this weekend's weather though, I could use more warmth... sigh...