Monday, May 17, 2010

With a fierce heart

Our family got some bad news recently. My MIL's pancreatic cancer has returned, and she is feeling run down.

I don't even know how to describe the feelings right now, but I prayed a lot, and after church this Sunday, I sat down to write a poem about how I felt. I'm not a poet, so it's not pretty, but it is how I feel.

Today's LOAD challenge was "Never," to scrap something you never do. I took my poem and made a page without a photo. Here it is:

I should mention that my poem is not sad, but it is determined. I am determined to put my troubles to God. I know that if I let Him, He will take my emotional burdens. I pray that I can do everything I can when others need me to take theirs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how you used scrapbooking as therapy here. Many hugs to you through these trying times.

BabyBokChoy said...

xxoo to you and yours, what an amazing layout this is!

GLOANN said...

sorry about your sad news. I enjoyed reading your poem and like what you have expressed. and I love your LO without any picture.

JayKaye said...

Jennifer, I'm so sorry to read about your MIL. Your poem is a beautiful expression, and I love the figure with the uplifted hands.
Judy

Alijoy said...

I followed this from LOAD. I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. I will pray that you all have the strength to get through it and to turn to Him in your struggles.

I have to say that I LOVE your poem. It really hit me. I'd love to redo the whole page for today's challenge and to have it as a reminder for life's daily challenges. Would this be okay? I will probably add a personal scripture at the bottom too but would credit you of course. To me it really represents the JOY we have in Him as believers. I can be reached at acurrie004at rogers.com
Blessings
Alison