Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lost

I am a huge fan of LOST, have been since season one. Walkabout is my favorite episode (written by a Buffy production alum, of course), and I love and adore every twist and turn. I've gotten a little nervous lately, though. An article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune this Sunday gave the perfect analogy for being a LOST fan: it's like driving to Mt. Rushmore. About half way there you start to suspect that maybe it won't be that great, but you might as well keep going. I'm sort of sad that some of my favorites (Sayid and Locke in particular) are becoming villains. But I have faith, which leads me to today's post.

Though his story line is the most infuriating, I am getting drawn to the story of Jack. He has been so stubborn, filled with hubris, and refusing to believe in anything, but tonight's episode is seeing him turn a little but into a man of faith. How exciting. One of the hardest and most courageous things one can do is hope.

How nice that Ben Linus bared all and was forgiven. And how nice that Jack for once believed and someone (God?) followed through and snuffed out the flame to save them. May hope and faith be the direction Jack is turning.

No comments: