Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bonus points for hubby

Saturday I had a busy day. I got the oil changed in my car, graded papers, took both boys to a birthday party at the bowling alley, and gardened until my hand couldn't chop down any more dead perennials. When the afternoon came around, I was wiped, so doubt still a little tired from H1N1. I went and took a nap, missing a prime photo op: carving pumpkins.

This is where my husband earned major points. He took amazing photos of the boys throughout the process. The killer shots were after he'd carved the pumpkin. They were so good, I had to scrap them right away.

This was the first LO I did. I had bought a couple pieces of Making Memories Halloween paper when it went on sale at Archiver's a couple weeks ago. I hate to buy Halloween embellishments--it's only one day!--so I used a fall pumpkin accent I had with a few Halloween colored metal accents.

I used the other half of the die cut circle here. I cut the other piece of paper I bought by tracing it on another piece of Making Memories paper. I mounted it on purple cardstock, which Dominic calls "poison color." I think it's a reference to Pokemon, but I'm not sure. That's like a foreign language to me. To enclose the rough cut paper, I stitched around it. And I used another pumpkin and the rest of the Halloween journaling tags from last year.

This layout borrows a part of a title from last year's layout:

Again, I used Making Memories. I like their Halloween papers. I just need to exhibit restraint in purchasing embellishments, which is hard. You'll notice I did a similar thing with the same batch of Halloween journaling spots.

I still have their costume pictures to scrap. Some very nice shots which will be fun.

5 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Great pages my Friend and I love M.M Halloween p.p too!
xox

Jackie said...

adorable! I love that the colors are more neutral - not so orangy!!! Nice work - and great job hubby!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love the Halloween layouts!!! How nice of DH to takes the photos for you, he probably knew you had great halloween pager waiting!!!

Adele said...

Jen, they're stunning. As usual. Love the stitching on the carving LO. It really finishes things off. And you're right. DH did a wonderful job of taking photos! You've trained him well. :D

Carla said...

Great LOs. Love all the designs!