Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some pages from Mania

When Derick goes away for business, or in this case, GenCon, I get to scrap. More specifically, I leave him and the boys for the night and go out for many hours and scrap. This time I went to Scrap Mania at Archiver's, and I finished 2 pages, almost finished 4 more, and got started on another two.

Here's the two I finished:

I don't normally use 8x12 photos, but I had printed three different ones for a Big Picture Scrapbooking class I took last month, Point of View with Nic Howard. I used one and had two left, so I made a layout with this one, using a fabulous quote by my husband for the journaling. I used a bunch of SEI tickets I got in my Studio Calico kit as a patterned paper border. I also had fun creating a layered cluster in the upper right corner, using bunches of stuff I had on hand. That KI quote sticker, by the way, I have had FOREVER. I bought it on sale years ago, and I finally used a quote from it. Lesson learned: don't buy scrap stuff just because it's on sale.

The next layout is a fun, quick one. I know Rowan will not be a morning person forever, so I scrapped it. The sun I made with some chipboard and two colors of Glimmer Mist. It drives me nuts to see the paper bend over from the mist, so I ripped a little of the worst off and put some paper behind it, sort of a little peek of sun. And I was originally going to call this layout "morning person," but I went for the bird because I had some unused bird rubons. Let your stash guide you sometimes, I guess.

I'll photograph the next layouts I finished and share those tomorrow.

2 comments:

Laura said...

The layouts are great! Love the larger photo.

CreativeChretin said...

Love the glimmer mist sun! The only bummer part of glimmer mist is the wrinkling. I hate it too.