Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Working with themed products on a scrapbook page

Hello! We are DAYS away from getting replacement carpet, which means this weekend I will be able to access my crafting supplies again. Phew!

Since most everything was packed away, I've been limited to what's on hand, which is mostly scraps. Still, I hooked the Iris containers that hold my camping and travel supplies before they were packed. Here's one page with limited supplies that I made about a mountain biking trip my son made with his aunt:


I started with the background paper, which is so gorgeous I didn't want to cover it. (I know what the collection is! But I had to pack up the Iris containers when I was done, so there is no hope for figuring it out until I put everything back this weekend.) Instead, I pulled a 6x6 paper made and put some circles to mat the three photos (I cut the google maps photo into another circle!).

Everything else on this page came from the travel or camping Iris containers, except for the title, which was tucked away in my wood veneer collection and was perfect for the page.

I liked being limited by what I could use. It spurred my ideas. Not that I'm sad to get my good supplies back, but there is something to be said for only being able to use what you can reach.

No comments: