Monday, April 20, 2020

Same scrapbook design, different looks

I scrapped a couple pages recently that I love but made me laugh. Here are the pages.

First, I scrapbooked my SIL coming out to craft and visit last January. It took me a long time to put the page together, but I started with the circular family history page, then picked a teal piece of cardstock then a strip of patterned paper to separate it. After that, it was easy to figure out how to tuck and layer the photos and embellish.


The scalloped chipboard I picked because they were lying around near me, and I though the color contrasted enough to look good. In the same drawer were the only remaining Prima flowers I had, and lo! They worked. I finished the page with leftover label stickers, buttons, and sequins.

(Design note: the embellishment cluster in the middle of the page exists because I accidentally dropped a photo with adhesive on it on top of the photo and had to cover the smudge. There are no accidents, just unplanned opportunities for additional creativity.)

Next is a page about an outing with a friend of mine:

(On a side note: I'm enjoying scrapbooking outings a lot right now. Scrapbooking allows me to travel!)

I had these photos, then picked the yellow paper to match the house and the woodgrain to match the brick. After I laid it out, I realized I'd basically made the same page! How is it different?


  1. I only had three photos so laid it out sideways instead of vertically.
  2. I used embellishments to frame the photos instead of setting them up in a visual triangle.
  3. I added a Journaling tag instead of journaling across the page.
  4. I used a less dramatic title.
  5. I used more colors!

Still, the general layout of the pages is the same. Even though I didn't consciously strive to use the same design, the photos and papers led me there, but other decisions happened that made these pages unique.

Thank you for stopping by! Please use these pages as jumping off points for completing your scrapbooking layouts.

No comments: