Thursday, January 21, 2010

Other creative ventures

I've been scrapping, but I have a couple pages that require computer journaling sitting around--you know how that makes me feel--so I took a break from scrapping to take on other creative ventures.
  • I finished Audition, Barbara Walters' book. Pretty good. Quite dishy.
  • Rowan was his first grade class' Star student this week, so I helped him make a poster for it. We used leftover photos that had never been scrapped. I also let him play with my scraps and my punches, to his delight. And to the best of my ability, I resisted the urge to organize those punched stars in a visual triangle. He put them on in any order he pleased.
  • I visited with some college friends over the weekend and enjoyed talking with them. I also enjoyed learning we have Saturday afternoons free and may be able to make those conversations a habit.
  • I went sledding with the boys. Wow, did they have fun. Now that I scrapped.
  • I celebrated my not-yet-fortieth birthday and enjoyed dinner at Buca's, some scrappy goodness from the fam*, and a lovely Hobbit teapot from my MIL. Now I just need to learn how to brew tea the old-fashioned way.
Especially since I finished the book, which was due at the library today (guiltguiltguilt), I now feel energized enough to go back and do some scrapping, particularly finishing the computer journaling.

*My big guilt involves those scrappy birthday gifts. I didn't buy them, so I haven't really borken my New-year's res to make 100 layouts before buying new supplies. Still, should I hold off on using them until I make the remaining layouts? Decisions...

2 comments:

  1. If the items work in a LO you are creating, then go ahead and use your new stuff- as you said, you didn't buy them; but don't go out and plan an entire LO around your new goodies.LOL! Guilt free scrappin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super layouts!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! Please leave a comment.