Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm a little verklempt

So yesterday was the first day of school, for me as a teacher and my boys as students in kindergarten and first grade. That traditional first day of school shot of the boys getting on the bus will not be mine, because I drop the boys off hours earlier at Kidstop, then head to work myself at 7 A.M. They get to their classes via Kidstop.

On this first day, Derick took Rowan and Dominic to school and attended kindergarten with Dominic. They both had a great day; Dominic's only worry was whether to eat hot lunch or bring a lunch. (He ate hot lunch yesterday--pizza. Today he brought a lunch--not too keen on Sloppy Joes.)

The morning bus shot will never be mine, but my moment is when they arrive home on the bus. And I took a picture. And I hugged them, both very excited about school.

Here's where I got emotional: Seeing them get off the bus reminded me of some pictures on my desk at school. It's been 6 years to go from this:

to this:


And it's been five years to go from this:


to this:

Like I said, verklempt.

3 comments:

  1. :) LOVE the comparison shots. Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww they are cute ! It's incredible how kids change and grow up !

    Nanie - from CKMB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are cute! It looks as if Dominic had a good first day, and fun on the bus. Seeing your comparison pics makes me want to scrap that difference of my two, also in kindergarten and first. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! Please leave a comment.