Monday, January 31, 2011

CHA, day three

This was my final full day at the convention; I may return briefly tomorrow before heading to the airport. I want to share some of the tantalizing eye candy that has abounded here.


Homemade flowers were everywhere. The cleverest idea came from Cosmo Cricket, which sells a super sized glue dot called Glubers, with which these lovely big blossoms were made.


A couple zipper ribbons were out there, and these from My Mind's Eye were used to make these flowers.


What can I say about these dresses. They were at the DCWV booth. Just wow. I didn't even photograph all of them. The woman at the booth said the artists started making them in October. Here's another:


There were also lots of candy and cupcakes made with paper and ribbon. Here's some cupcakes from Nikki Sivils:


And these come from the Ribbon Ring:


Those treats in this photo were all made from ribbon scraps. Mmmmm...

I have to admit, I do not play around much with paint and canvas, but these canvases inspire me to do so, the first from Maya Road:


And the second from The Girls' Paperie:


I also loved this birthday calendar project at Jillibean Soup, made by Aly Dosdall:


I also truly admired the designs of several layouts. Here's a sampling:


That's a stamp around each small piece of patterned paper. What a great way to use scraps. This was at Lily Bee.


I love the use of non-themed paper for a holiday page, using Thrift Store from October Afternoon.


This page at the Doodlebug booth caught my eye. What a great use of bright papers on the white background.


These two pages from Bella Blvd use their monochromatic line. So innovative!

Tomorrow I travel, so I'll share more about the experience Wednesday, as well as favorites at Ella blog in the coming weeks.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to have you as our reporter Jenny!
    You must share it all!
    Take Care ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the coverage of CHA! I have enjoyed all of your posts along the way.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you actually get to buy anything there or is everything just on display?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! Please leave a comment.