Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Scrap Mania pages

I attended Scrap Mania Saturday night. I spent the last couple days finishing up some pages I got a little start n that night, though some are still finishing up (i.e. last two layouts in my vacation album). Here's what I've got:

Some faux hawk photos. Eventually I'll stop scrapping these, but they're still funny. I used LYB Generation Z. And I misspelled mohawk, thank you very much. Still trying to decide if I should cover it up.

I had started this one before Mania. I mostly used April's Studio Calico kit. Some random thoughts I'd had this past week. I added some textures to my photo before printing it out.


This one used the paper I liked best from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop line. I had desaturated this photo, so it went well with the colors I picked.

Packing up for Mania, I found this 8x12 photo from vacation. I love how Dominic is holding Derick's hand and looking up at him. Nothing huge to say, but I wanted to scrap this moment.



The color inspiration on this Eggs 2010 layout comes from a new site called The Color Room. Not a combo I normally pick, but lovely for Easter. The design is a very loose interpretation of this week's Studio Calico sketch. I did this one yesterday.


I don't do a ton of pages about Derick (bad me), but this Lent was memorable for all he did around the church and people's words to me about his activity. And talent.


Every Easter we take a family photo at our church. I used leftover bits from March's Studio Calico kit for this; the page is my 7th for the month. I added the letters from Jillibean Soup and some brads.

5 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Well, how AWESOME??? how are you not freaked out stressed about attending a crop? LOL. Well, mine was 3 nights and 4 days, packing was a huge issue!! LOVE your layouts of course!!! I look forward to cutting into my october afternoon!!

Diana Fisher said...

Your pages are always so pretty!!! Love them all!!!

Diana said...

OK now where do I start... I like so many of these.
I love the "on my mind" LO, design-wise and journaling-wise. I do tons of those (just did one, actually.)
Love the Sisters layout, design-wise and what a great way to use that PP (I find it very challenging to use such "demanding" PP and I have that one and haven't figured out how to use it.)
Love the 12x8 photo on the "Journey" layout. I'm big into doing pages with that size photo these days.
Love love love the "Eggs" layout--the design, the photos, the colours (those are very me colours), and especially that beautiful round die cut border paper. It's gorgeous.
Great page about your DH. Love pages like that in general, and this one is just super.
And I adore that sun embellishment on your easter layout. That alone makes it a fabulous layout--and it's what makes you such a fantastic scrapbooker!

alexandra s.m. said...

You have been BUSYYYYYYY!!!
Love each and everyone of your pages!!

Greetings from Switzerland!

( I did add the link to Harmonie on my blog, thank you so much for your comment ;-)

AmyInKy said...

Your work is great. I especially like how you make time/room to journal so much. :)