Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How Much to Add

I did the following page for this week's Sketchy Thursdays challenge:


When I had misted, put down the circles and the photo, then added journaling and a title, it felt a little bare. I thought my flourish stitching template from Bazzill would add some movement, so I stitched away. Then I wondered if I needed some more "stuff" on the layout, so I played around, adding gems, buttons, etc. I took every last one off. It looked too busy. So here's my quote for the day:

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

My layout isn't perfect, but it is better with less.

6 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I think it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that flourish stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I love it all! Thanks for playing along!
    Jennifer C. Sketchy Thursdays dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny, how is this busy??!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! Please leave a comment.