Friday, January 29, 2010

Time to relax

So the busy week is done. I did fit some scrapping in, but in bits and pieces: selecting products one day, trimming and laying it all out, adhering/unadhering, and adding and subtracting elements. Here's what I did:

This one was for Inspiration Defined at BPS. I took inspiration from a favorite wall in my house:

Next time I use this design, I'll print smaller photos to make it really dramatic.

This next one I took inspiration from the picture at the upper left of the wall. I added a few embellishments.

Then I did this one for a sketch challenge (Sadly, I made this one for my father-in-law's birthday next week, but I selfishly can't give it up. I'm making him another one. The guilt!):

Here's the sketch:

Finally, this layout celebrates my son's first day at school this year. I used some scraps. The stars are a stamped image I punched out and adhered with brads.

So for tonight, to get ready for a weekend crop and for LOAD, I will finish editing October and November photos and send them in for printing.

ETA: The sketch comes from Studio Calico. They post a new sketch every Sunday for a challenge and a GC. I did use their January kit for the page.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Time Together layout. If I had seen that sketch without your layout I would have thought it was too much white space, but I love what you've done with it and might try the sketch myself. Where'd you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you used the January SC kit, did you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! Please leave a comment.