Friday, December 4, 2009

Same photos, different albums

In my last post, Artemis asked me about where my layouts go, specifically when I use the same photos on different layouts. Let me use the Sculpture Garden photos as an example.

I took a lot of photos, many good ones, at that outing. So I printed a lot, some of them enlarged. After I got them from the printer, I pulled one photo out and did a layout with it right away:

This one went in my son's album.

Next, I pulled my favorites and put together a two-pager for the family album:

While I was narrowing the photos for that layout, I noticed many of them involved my boys climbing, so I made this layout next, again for the family album.

I still had many great photos left. I blogged about the genesis for the next layout in this post, making this page about what it mean to be a mother of boys. Here is the layout:

I ended up putting that layout in my album.

Finally, I used remaining photos for a layout to put in my older boy's album, the layout I showed yesterday.

So I don't make it a point to use up all my photos, but this event created many stories for me, so I made many layouts using most if not all of the photos.

3 comments:

  1. I just decided to start a family album, so I also have a few "duplicate" pages. TfS your method!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your "peek-a-boo" layout =) you make a perfect use of every item on the page !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all Jennifer!
    That green is so yummy right now especially since everything is white or grey. Glad to see you're still posting and creating!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! Please leave a comment.